I got this recipe out of an actual cookbook. WOW. I changed it a little, but the basic concept is there. I would never have bought a cookie cookbook, because, well, I’m pretty solid on cookies… but the book came with a silpat. And I needed one of those. And a silpat is usually $20 and the set was $15. So I totally scored. And got a praline recipe.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup (one stick) Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar (packed down)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (swing for the real stuff)
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
How to do it:
- Preheat the over to 375 degrees
- Soften the butter. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter for 30 seconds. Add the brown sugar and the baking powder and blend together. Then add the vanilla and the egg and blend some more. Then add the flour (either mix this in with a spoon, or, if you are using an electric mixer, be real careful – put it on the lowest setting).
- Stir in the nuts.
- Drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet (or silpat) in little balls about a teaspoon big, about 2 inches apart.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes
- EAT EAT EAT
- Eat some more.