This is a modified version of a recipe that I used for a cooking competition.
What you need:
- 1/2 box Angel hair pasta… Not entirely sure how much that is.
- 4 tbs butter (melted)
- juice of 2 lemons
- 4 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 3 tbs basil (chopped)
- 2 tbs chopped almonds (just take a handful of almonds and chop them by rocking the knife back and forth.
What do you do? I’ll tell you!
- Start the water boiling to cook the pasta – follow the instructions on the box to cook it.
- Melt your butter, juice your lemons, chop your garlic, nuts, and basil.(this is a part of the cooking process called mise en place – getting everything in its place)
- Wait until the butter starts to separate (if you used fake butter or margarine this will never happen so don’t sit there and wait).
- Add the lemon juice and the garlic and stir with a fork.
- For every serving: place the noodles in a bowl, and pour some of the lemon sauce on it. – make sure to get some of the garlic that will sink to the bottom. Toss it a little bit, then top it with a good amount of the chopped nuts and basil (use lots of basil it makes it yummy)