Truffles With Orange Chocolate Filling
So truffles are easier to make than you think. Here’s what you need:
- 3 cups of chocolate chips (I did semisweet)
- 1 orange
- 1 cup of whole cream
- 3 TBS of Honey
We use the chocolate chips for two parts, so when you’re setting up you’ll need one pile of chocolate chips that has 2 cups in it and one that has one cup in it. Here’s what you do:
- Put 2 cups of the chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl.
- Zest the orange entirely and add the zest to the chocolate chips.
- In a sauce pan, add the honey to the cream and put over high heat. tir constantly to avoid burning the milk on the bottom of the saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Once the cream is boiling, pour it over the chocolate chips.
- Stir the mixture quickly with a whisk or a fork until smooth.
- Congradulations! You’ve just made ganache. Ganache is the best thing in the world. Look it up. You can do so much with it.
- Let the mixture cool and harden (this will take a lot of time – you can speed it up by putting it in the fridge.
- in a double boiler, melt the remaining chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon or a melon baller, scoop out spheres of the hardened mixture.
- Using a fork, drop the spheres into the melted chocolate and cover them completely.
- Let the truffles cool on wax paper.
- NOM NOM NOM