My Brother’s Favorite: The Nunini.
This is a Nutella Panini. Yes, I know. But give it a chance.
Recipes for the Nunini exist, but it’s really not an exact science, seeing as it’s basically impossible to mess up. Here’s what you need:
- Bread (white bread): 2 slices
- Nutella: To taste (a.k.a. A LOT)
- (not pictured) I think banana slices would be delish on this.
Here’s what you do:
- Heat up your pan or panini maker to the highest setting. If you don’t have a panini maker, You can use just a regular frying pan or you can use a special grilling pan which we used when I did a cooking competition one year. This will get you grill marks without you needing to buy a gigantic piece of equipment. See one I like here: http://www.amazon.com/Calphalon-Contemporary-Nonstick-11-Inch-Square/dp/B0009W7E94/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1325106362&sr=8-2 But you can get them for cheaper.
- Next you cover one side of both pieces of bred with Nutella. Like you’re making a PBJ, but both pieces of bread are spread with Nutella. Now SLAP THOSE BAD BOYS TOGETHER Nutella side to Nutella side.
- Cut the crusts off (optional, but awesome)
- Butter ONE SIDE (I emphasize this because I always mess this up) of the sandwich.
- Put the sandwich in the pan or panini maker butter-side down. Now butter the non-buttered side.
- Wait for it to be golden brown (If in a grill pan, flip and do that again)
- Cut it up in quarters. You may be tempted to cut it into halves because you want to be an adult but don’t because it’s better in quarters.