These are my new FAVE snack. After I took some pictures of these, I ate the entire batch. And I’m not apologizing. I wish I had more. These things are packed with Fiber, too. So after eating these, the following video should come to mind:
I know. That was inappropriate. But true.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 can of Chickpeas (or Garbanzo Beans)
- Whatever spices you want! I used Cumin, Garlic Powder, Salt, and Pepper.
- Parchment Paper
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Put some paper towels on a cookie sheet.
- Drain the chickpeas from the can.
- Pour the chickpeas onto the paper towels and rub them with another paper towel to dry them. Rub them until they are mostly dry. The skins will come off of some of them. Just throw those skins away.
- Pour the chickpeas into a medium mixing bowl. Add the spices until they are as seasoned as you want them. I used about 3/4 of a teaspoon of cumin, about 1/2 a teaspoon of garlic powder, about 1/2 a teaspoon of sea salt, and a pinch of pepper (I don’t love pepper). But if you like it spicier, add some chili powder.
- Toss the chickpeas until they are evenly coated.
- Dry off the cookie sheet and cover it with parchment paper. Pour out the chickpeas onto the tray and put them in the oven.
- Cook the chickpeas for 20 minutes, stirring them at the 10 minute mark.
I’m going to go eat more chickpeas now.